Today is the second day of Spring! Can you believe it? If you are in North Myrtle Beach, you probably agree that it doesn’t feel much like Spring…well today at least. It is quite windy and chilly outside, but we sure are glad to see the sunshine!
If you are looking to spend some time outside in the sun, be sure to bundle up and enjoy a healthy kale smoothie with pineapple and banana. All you need is ½ cup of coconut milk, 2 cups stemmed and chopped kale or spinach, 1 ½ cups chopped pineapple (about ¼ medium pineapple) and 1 ripe banana, chopped! Combine the coconut milk, ½ cup water, the kale pineapple and banana in a blender and puree until smooth, about 1 minute, adding more water to reach the desired consistency. Source: http://bit.ly/1xERBUI
Our students enjoy all four seasons, but they like Spring time a lot. Over the weekend they played in the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour, Hilton Head Junior Shootout. All the boys played well and we are very proud of them. We would like to congratulate Carlos, on winning in his division. Way to go! The students have a little bit of time off before playing in their next tournament. This is good because it gives them time to concentrate on their schoolwork and practice on their long game, short game, putting or bunker play.
On April 16-17, they will be playing in the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour; College Prep Series at Furman University in Greenville, SC. If you would like more information about this tournament, please visit http://bit.ly/1MjyGrO.
In May, they will head to Evans, Georgia to play in the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour; Bartram Trail Junior Classic which will be held May 7-8. If you would like more information on this tournament, please visit http://bit.ly/1U237W0.
If you or anyone you know is interested in playing golf, receiving an education and having fun, be sure to check out Greg Norman Champions Golf Academy full-time program. This program:
- Provides the most talented middle school and high school age golfers in the U.S. and abroad with an instructional program and a training environment in which the ability to play collegiate and professional golf can be fully developed.
- This program delivers students with 30+hrs per week of consistent and effective golf training based on the direct experience of what it takes to compete and win at every level of the game.
- GNCGA’s professional environment offers an unparalleled college preparatory academic experience in accordance with NCAAguidelines.
- Maintains a student-instructor ratio of 6:1 and a student-teacher ratio of 14:1 to ensure students receive exceptional golf training and the best academic education.
- With the exceptional teaching methodology that Greg Norman developed with his experience of being number 1 in the world for331 consecutive weeks allows GNCGA to provide the resources to create better people on and off the golf course.