Greg Norman Champions Golf Academy is a full-time boarding and non-boarding golf academy that offers a variety of programs. We offer summer camps, full-time, post-graduate, customized and adult programs. But we also offer post graduate high school students a chance to study with us for a year before they apply to college.
Our post graduate program was designed to prepare young players for collegiate golf and beyond. It gives individuals between the ages of 17 and older an extra year to improve their golf game in order to compete effectively on the collegiate level without losing a year of eligibility or to become a professional tour player.
This program consists of nine months of intense training that focuses on golf instruction, sports psychology and physical fitness. Special emphasis is placed on the transition to the collegiate or tour level. This program starts in August and ends in May.
A day at GNCGA post graduate program:
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Fitness
10:00 AM - 11:45 AM Golf Training
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM - 5:30 PM Golf Training
*Saturdays students train from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
We hope that you choose to board with us as a post graduate student. What to expect when you board:
- Nutritious Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided by our house parents or local restaurants.
- Transportation: From Myrtle Beach Airport, to and from housing, golf courses and local excursions.
- Housing/Accommodations: Included in The Farm in Carolina Forest
- Physical Fitness Instruction: Upon arrival, fitness is offered for golf specific strength/flexibility each morning with our fitness instructor.
- Golf Instruction includes: 5 hours per day in group instruction with a 6:1 student/teacher ratio. The remainder of the day is spent on the course or individual time with an instructor.
- V-1 analysis of the golf swing with a certified instructor. Each student will be able to take home a DVD of their swing.
- Rounds of golf with instructor feedback and course management.
- Experience Myrtle Beach: Trips to the beach, M.B. Boardwalk, Broadway at the Beach, miniature golf and many others.
- Tournament Evaluations: After each tournament students will discuss previous tournament results with Director of Golf.
- Mental Instruction: Sport psychology and life coaching develops student mental toughness.
- College Placement: Students will be advised of college process and exposed to colleges/ college toughness.
- College Credits Available: Coast Carolina University and HGTC classes are offered ( 6 core credits max. per semester)
Check out what a past post graduate student has to say about this awesome program:
“GNCGA has been a great place to work on my golf game. I can focus on golf while also improving my fitness. It is a lot of fun and I’ve had the chance to meet a lot of nice interesting people.” -James Levere, Post Graduate Student from September 2014-June 2015
There are no comments yet, but you can be first to comment this article.