What a wonderful year we had here at GNCGA! It was filled with fun, new students, lots of tournaments and great golfing weather! Students who have been attending here at GNCGA, as well as our new students, have all had the opportunity to create new friendships that will last a lifetime with others from around the globe, improve on their golf game and learn the proper fundamentals about nutrition and fitness.
Our full-time students and tour players sure were busy in 2015 and brought home quite a few trophies! We are extremely happy for each and every one of them and will continue to support and cheer them on! Here are a few tournament highlights from 2015:
- September 26-27: Gonzalo took 2nd place in the HJGT Myrtle Beach Junior Open.
- October 24-25: Gonzalo took 1st place in the HJGT Low Country Junior Shootout.
- November 21-22: Jose placed first and Carlos tied for second at the HJGT Hurricane Junior Shootout.
- November 26-29: Yoshio won the 10th Valle de Bravo Golf Classic, a Mexico Golf Tour.
- December 3-6: Roberto took first place and Yoshio tied for second place in the CDMX Championship, a Mexico Golf Tour.
Our first annual Greg Norman Academy Junior Invitational was such a success and we can’t thank everyone who attended enough… parents, players and volunteers! We enjoyed putting on such a great event with the help from Global Junior Golf. This tournament consisted of 53 players from all over the world! To name a few, we had junior participants from Switzerland, Portugal, Germany, Canada, Finland, Chile, Netherlands, Spain, Colombia, Slovenia and many more! The male winner, Ilari Saulo, from Finland and the female winner, Leonor Bessa, from Portugal played great rounds all three days! Saulo shot 73, 70, and 75 with a total score of 218 and Bessa shot 73, 69 and 76 for a total score of 218. Congratulations! We look forward to hosting the second annual GNAJI this year!
As we reflect on all the good things that happened in 2015, we are excited to see what 2016 has in store and we hope everyone has a great year!